Track Upgrade – update May 13th.
Track Cycling WA are thrilled to advise that we have been granted permission to access the Speeddome venue on
Saturday 20th May 1:00 – 3:00pm for the purpose of general public viewing of the track resurfacing project.
This is a very privileged, one and only opportunity that will be permitted to view the track during the refurbishment stage. The 27 year old timber surface has been removed and will be available for purchase (gold coin donation, but be generous if you take a slab – all proceeds to TCWA Junior development fund). The new timber surface laying will be underway, and if we are lucky the polycarbonate balustrade may have been started (no promises on that though).
However, as the venue is classified as a construction site, strict entry conditions will apply.
- Open hours will be 1:00 – 3:00pm on Saturday 20th May.
- Parking and entrance to the venue will be via the rear car park (adjacent to Row Highway) and pedestrian entry to the venue via the back straight roller door only.
- Inside the venue a restricted area will be cordoned off between the roller door and the track balustrade fence.
- Toilets are accessible via the North entrance competitors door (our normal entry point).
- A designated area of the rear car park will be dedicated for the old timber surface to be accessed.
- No underage child will be permitted into the timber storage area.
- Any person collecting/removing the old timber surface from the site does so at their own risk. Appropriate PPE (gloves, covered shoes) is required.
- No employee of Venueswest or any individual associated with the project will be permitted to assist with the removal of the old timber material.
- Venueswest reserve the right to decline entry or access at their discretion.
We cannot stress how privileged we are to have had this opportunity granted to us and we ask anyone wishing to attend to oblige by accepting
the conditions of entry.
TCWA will have a sausage sizzle on the grass verge and hope that you will join us on this very special occasion.
(a) Track partly stripped (b) Waiting for new boards (c) first board down
Update from Murray – 20th April
Great news, with the magnificent weather we have had in Perth the last month or so has enabled the roofing contractors to make terrific progress. They are expected to be finished by the last week of April. The new sky lights look fantastic, allowing a massive amount of light into the venue.
The timber for the track is clearing customs and the track carpenters are scheduled to commence on May 1st.
Speeddome (version two) is well on it’s way!
Please note that for O, H & S reasons, the venue is currently a construction site and permission to enter will be denied. We will advise if these circumstances change at all.
Watch Face book and the website as to when it will be open again, June sometime??!